This article details the main points of the one-way integration between GuestPoint and OpenKey, enabling automated mobile key delivery.
OpenKey requires Basic Authentication for our PMS integrations. To set up a new property, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the property name and address. From there, we will supply you with the Username and Password for authentication.
Guest Check-in Flow
1. Find the guest’s reservation in GuestPoint.
2. Open the reservation and ensure the following requirements for issuing a mobile key at check-in are met:
- A phone number must be present in the reservation. Country code is required for any international phone numbers (outside the US/Canada).
- *HINT: If you don’t know the country code, ask the guest. They will happily tell you! But here is a link to a list of all country codes, just in case: https://countrycode.org/
3. Complete your normal Check-in process, including verification of ID, payment capturing, room assignment, etc.
4. Encode plastic keys – or bypass this portion if the guest does not need plastic keys.
- Remember to create keys in the appropriate order, according to the type of lock/BLE hardware your hotel uses. See more information here.
The guest is now AUTOMATICALLY added to the OpenKey HOST platform, without the Front Desk Agent needing to access OpenKey.
*Please be advised, GuestPoint only pushes information to OpenKey every 30 seconds!
5. Changing/Updating a reservation:
- When you update the following items in GuestPoint, the guest’s mobile key will automatically update in OpenKey HOST.
- Changing the check-out date
- Checking a guest out
- Changing a guest’s room number
- The following item must be changed in OpenKey HOST.
- Check-out time (for late check-outs)
- The following item can be managed from within OpenKey HOST or the guest’s mobile app.
- Adding additional guests