Adding a Guest/Sending a Mobile Key
- Log into OpenKey HOST at https://host.openkey.co
- Supported browsers include: Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox
- Click ADD GUEST in the left panel above Guests
- Select the room and date of check out. Click Add Guest.
- Select the correct country code and enter the guest phone number.
- Click SEARCH
- If the guest’s mobile number has been entered into OpenKey HOST at any hotel, their information will be in the system. You will not have to enter their information again; the guest’s information will automatically pull up if they are an existing OpenKey user.
- If the guest’s mobile number has NOT been entered into OpenKey HOST, you will need to enter it now.
- Type in the guest’s full name. Email is OPTIONAL. Click Add New Guest.
- Once added, the guest’s information is saved for future stays.
*From here, you will see the guest’s information as well an option to add additional guests in the party. Best practice is to allow guests to add their own additional guest through the Share Key option within the OpenKey app.
- Click Add Guest
- If the guest’s information needs to be updated, you can edit their name/email address prior to sending the key. However, it will only save once the key is sent.
- Click Create New Session at the bottom of the screen. This will trigger This will trigger a text message to be sent to the guest with the link to download the application.
- The guest is now able to download their mobile key!
*As a reminder, you can still issue plastic keys along with mobile, as long as you follow the proper procedure laid out by your lock manufacturer.