Expiring Mobile Keys: Express Check-out via OpenKey AppPrint
Guests can now check-out of OpenKey (expiring their mobile key) via the Guest App
- When this happens, OpenKey HOST will send an email to the designated email address on file in your Hotel’s information page
- See slides on Guest Check-out in the Guest Experience section for more information.
ACTION REQUIRED – You must still check the guest out of your Property Management System and inform Housekeeping of the departure!
Benefits of Guest Check-out via the Guest App
- Automatically expires the mobile key at the time check-out is confirmed, so guests cannot re-enter the room without Front Desk intervention
- Gives guests a true Express Check-out experience
- Enables Housekeeping to enter rooms scheduled as check-outs as soon as guest departs, allowing a quicker turn-around for inspected, ready-to-be-sold rooms
- Lessens the number of guests checking out at the front desk, allowing Front Desk Agents to more effectively assist guests at the desk for other reasons, answer phones, or continue with AM shift duties