Guests can now submit feedback on their stay via the OpenKey app when their mobile key has expired.
- You can filter by date range and sort by date submitted, stay dates, room number, guest name, phone number, or rating.
- The guest has the option of submitting feedback without comments. These will come through as blank.
- If the guest had a positive experience, they do not submit comments, but rather are directed to leave a review on TripAdvisor
How Guests Submit Feedback:
- Regardless of how the guest checks out (whether via the app, being checked out manually through HOST or through the PMS, or the key expiring at the regular check-out time), the guest will be given an option to provide feedback.
- The guest can opt to skip leaving feedback and the app will bring them back to the Search Hotels screen.
Negative or Neutral experience: The guest can leave a comment that is available to the Manager and Owner roles within OpenKey HOST.
Positive experience: The guest is given a link directly to the hotel’s TripAdvisor (or other review site) if added by hotel management.
To add a Feedback Link like TripAdvisor:
1. Log into HOST with your management credentials.
2. Click HOTEL on the left-hand side of the page and then click VIEW on the OVERVIEW tile.
3. Click Edit on the Booking Information tile.
4. Add the appropriate link into the FEEDBACK LINK field.
5. Click SUBMIT to save.
If no link is added, this button will give an option to call the hotel. The guest can opt to skip leaving feedback and the app will bring them back to the Search Hotels screen.
To Access Guest Feedback:
- Log into OpenKey HOST, https://host.openkey.co.
- Click GUEST FEEDBACK.
- To change the dates, click FILTER SESSION, select date range, and click Filter.