OPENKEY NXT-150 - Steps to install lock on doorPrint
Important! Doors must be bored prior to installing locks.
- Front faceplate
- Back faceplate
- Turn piece square bar
- Battery cover
- Cylinder screw
- Faceplate screws
- Square bars
- Rubber plug
- Forend / Mortise plate
- Forend screws
- Mortise screws
- OpenKey Module
Lock Installation Video:
- Insert the mortise into the side of the door, ensuring it is the correct direction and feeding the wires at the top of the mortise through the mortise bore whole and out of the top bore hole.
- Affix the mortise into the side of the door using the mortise screws.
- Attach the forend/mortise plate and fix it in with the forend screws.
- On the inside of the front faceplate, remove the screws immediately under the cabling on either side of the cylinder hub.
- Affix the cylinder to the cylinder hub and replace the screws.
- Connect the wires on the inside of the front faceplate to the universal module and mortise wires through the top bore hole. Tuck the wires to ensure they are not pinched, as this will create issues.
- Insert a square bar into the handle boar hole, lining it up with the spindle hole.
- Line up the faceplate, ensuring the components connect in to their appropriate places.
- On the other side of the door, a square bar into the handle boar hole, lining it up with the spindle hole.
- Insert the turn piece square bar on the inside of the back faceplate alining it with the deadbolt lever.
- Line up the back faceplate, ensuring the deadbolt lever is in the right position and the battery cable is accessible through the top battery hole.
- Use the faceplate screws to affix the two sides of the lock to the door.
- Check the installation by trying out the deadbolt lever and handles.
- Install the batteries into the battery cover, ensuring the positive and negative sides are correlated correctly.
- Connect the cable to the battery case cable.
- Line up the battery case and affix the case with a screw