OpenKey Support PolicyPrint
OpenKey Support Policy
This outlines OpenKey's support structure and classifies issues into separate tiers based on urgency, technical requirements, and requester type.
OpenKey offers the following products:
- OpenKey HOST web portal
- OpenKey iOS app
- OpenKey Android app
- White-label apps
- Software development kit (SDK)
- Partner integrations
Tier 1 - End-user mobile application questions and general questions on functionality or access.
End-User Questions: These issues are specifically related to guest-use and should be handled by the Hotel Staff. Examples include downloading the application, receiving/using a verification code, accessing the mobile key, navigating the app, adding shared guests, etc.
Client Questions: OpenKey provides our clients with a detailed Knowledge Base to provide training and answer such frequently asked questions (FAQs). If the client reaches out to Support for what is deemed as a Tier 1 issue, they will be referred back to our Knowledge Base.
Tier 2 - Any issues resulting in disruptions in service to the property or substantial recurring malfunctions in the software.
These are issues that cannot be resolved by the Hotel Staff using information available in the Knowledge Base.
Please see the table below for a list of examples of Tier 1 vs. Tier 2 support issues.
Severity Levels for Tier 2 Support Issues
There are three severity levels for Tier 2 support issues, as defined in the table below. Each severity level has response and resolution goals, which correspond to when OpenKey Support will respond to any client inquiries about the issue and to when we will aim to resolve the underlying problem. "Peak Hours" are defined as Monday through Friday, 8am to 8pm CT. "Off Peak Hours" are defined as 8pm to 8am CT, Monday through Friday. On weekends, our Support Representatives are available in case of emergencies by calling 1 (877) 800-2008.
Tables can't be imported directly. Please insert an image of your table which can be found here.
*Note: In cases where OpenKey is dependent on a third party, it may not be feasible to resolve the root cause of a support problem per our resolution goal. Examples include PMS integration issues stemming outside OpenKey, third-party mobile key servers being offline, VPN disconnections in hotels that do not grant server access to OpenKey Support, or bug fixes that require a scheduled app or portal release.
OpenKey monitors the stability of our production systems continuously through the following channels:
- Mobile apps: OpenKey uses analytics tools to monitor stability and crashes associated with mobile apps on both iOS and Android platforms.
- OpenKey HOST: user-facing products such as our web portal are built on cloud-based application and database systems with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Multiple senior developers are automatically notified of any downtime associated with these back-end systems, including on holidays and weekends.
- Automated data monitoring: OpenKey has automated procedures in place, which are continually evolving, that process all the logs and data received by the servers to preemptively detect anomalous conditions that may indicate faults.
- Call 1-877-800-2008 (Answered 24/7/365)
- Email Support@OpenKey.co
- Submit a ticket via OpenKey Support
- Email Billing@OpenKey.co
- Browse our Knowledge Base/Frequently Asked Questions
- Email Support@OpenKey.co
- Start an online chat or submit a Demo Request on OpenKey's website
- Email Sales@OpenKey.co