Shared Keys - TroubleshootingPrint
Shared key issues
A common issue with parties staying in rooms together is that multiple users will attempt to use one phone number to set up the OpenKey app across multiple devices.
- Guest A: Books hotel, receives text to download OpenKey, installs app, puts in Guest A’s phone number, uses the text to verify. Successfully downloads key.
- Guest B: Receives forwarded text from Guest A to download OpenKey, installs app, puts in Guest A’s phone number, and uses the verification app that Guest A receives to open the app.
- Either A’s, B’s, or both OpenKey apps will fail and the guests will need assistance.
- Both guests delete the app
- Guest A sets up app correctly. Use their own phone number and copy paste the verification number from the text into the app.
- Guest A uses the Share Key functionality to add Guest B to the room (inputting Guest B’s phone number) & give them a key.
- Guest B sets up the app using their own phone number and will receive a key for the door